7 January 2020John Weaver Senior Program Developer
Summary Most of users have different accounts and various passwords on different websites. If these numbers are accumulated to a certain amount, even to hundreds of numbers, can we use a piece of password management software to organize them well? More details will be in this essay.
Internet has been immersed into our life. We use different accounts and passwords to log in various websites and get access to their services. It is obvious that passwords are very important to us. It must be a disaster if they are stolen. Therefore, you should use the password management software to organize these numbers.
How to Organize PC Passwords with Password Management Software?
Password wallet, a function in Renee SecureSilo, can orderly organize various passwords on PC. Renee SecureSilo is also file encryption software where users can lock files, protect USB flash drives and hide files. With the AES256 technology, it encrypts files in the virtual disk whose format is private. Therefore, the program is hard to be cracked down by the current technology. It is very safe to be used for data protection.
Renee SecureSilo – Encrypt Confidential Data
Encrypt files in seconds Encrypt files with virtual encrypted disk and whole process can be finished in 1 second.
User friendly Concise interface helps users master the software in short time.
1. Download and install Renee SecureSilo. Enter the password to open the software. If you are a new user, set a password.
2. Select [Password Wallets] > [Create Wallet].
3. Name for the wallet and set the storage position. Then, click [Next].
4. Set a password for the wallet.
5. Click [Create Card]. Name for your target card and select the type.
6. Edit the card information.
7. Finally, click [Close Wallet] to lock your information.
You can use memo applications to organize your passwords. For example, you can mark your passwords in such an application or try to store your password notes in the cloud, and then you can sync them across multiple devices. The approach is quiet simple but unsafe. When your information is marked as text, it will be obtained by hackers easily. If one of your devices is lost, all accounts and passwords will be leaked.
LastPass is an online password organizer. It supports to input all web passwords. When you log in these webs, LastPass will fill the login information automatically. It also supports to switch multiple accounts in the same website. However, if there are bugs on LastPass or if your LastPass account is attacked, all your information will be leaked.
Concerns of Password Management Software
The password strength can be divided into levels based on our needs:
1. No security demand: In those unimportant websites, such as forums and news sites, you only want to create an account to read the information and make comments, and then you can set some simple passwords.
2. Low security demand: If you need to provide your information in the websites, such as some interactive forums and blogs, you can set the password with English letters and numbers.
3. Medium security demand: In the website which you should provide your telephone number, address, email address and the bank account, you should set the 12-digit password at least, with capital and small letters, symbols and numbers.
4. High security demand: If you need to pay for the bills in the websites, you should not copy the password with the other accounts, set the independent one and protect it well.
If you are looking for password management software, we suggest you using Renee SecureSilo. It can store passwords and accounts in encryption management and protect them from being stolen. In addition, we should strengthen the security awareness and protect our information from being stolen.