How to Lock and Unlock USB with USB Locker
- Tips Renee USB Block
- How to Lock and Unlock USB with USB Locker
Worrying about this problem? Now, you can lock and unlock your USB port with the following methods.
Method 1: Disable USB Port in Device Manager
1. Sometimes, we may feel confused which one is the correct USB port we want to block. Even we block the correct one, how can we make sure other will not take off the keyboard and connect their USB disk to our computer?
2. Every time we want to connect our own USB disk or keyboard, we need to enable it.
Method 2: Disabling USB Ports in Windows Registry Editor
- The steps below edit the Windows Registry. Be aware that changing any values improperly can cause errors or Windows to not boot.
- The following steps only work if the USB storage driver has already been installed.
2. After entering the Registry Editor, please open the following folder:
3. In the USBSTOR, locate the “Start” DWORD and double-click “Start” to edit the value. Change the Value data to “4″ and then click Ok.
4. Once all the operations completed, close the Registry editor and Windows will no longer start the USB device when detected.
1. If you need to re-enable the USB after following the above steps follow the above steps again and change the value from “4″ to “3″.
2. These steps only disable any USB storage device from automatically opening or running when connected to the computer (e.g. flash drive). USB devices like the keyboard and mouse will still work.
Method 3: Using Professional USB Locker
- Multifunctional – Besides locking USB, Renee USB Block supports block CD, Bluetooth, SD card reader, mobile phone (including Android & iPhone), programs, websites, printers, etc.
- White List is provided in each lock function.
- Reports and Logs function is available.
- Emails notifications when password entered wrong or change password.
- Advanced security settings help you protect Renee USB Block and protected object.