What is FLV File and How to Play?
You are here:
- Tips Renee Video Editor Pro
- What is FLV File and How to Play?
2 February 2019 Ashley S. Miller Specialist of Customer Service Dept.
FLV, referred to as “FLASH VIDEO”, is a video format designed for Flash MX. Originally, developed by Macromedia, the encoding mode of FLV data is the same as SWF. Its tiny size and quick loading make watching videos online possible, which was once welcomed.
Videos and podcast websites spreads through the Internet now. FLV, the video format which has ever been fast-growing and widely used, can be easily imported to Flash and uphold copyright protection. Few years ago, FLV was supported by many websites, such as YouTube, because it takes the advantages of small size, low CPU usage, well-qualified play effect and abundant resource.
However, in 2011, Adobe announced that it stopped developing Flash Player beyond PC and it would concentrate on HTML5, which affected the use of FLV files. In the following, comparison between Flash and HTML5 will be raised.
|Flash player||HTML5 player|
|Video format||H.264, Sorenson Spark, On2 VP6||90% support of H.264; varying support of WebM, Ogg Theora|
|Streaming video||Flash videos H.264 supported; support MP4 in some players||IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera supported|
● Lots of 0Day bugs: in 2015, NTT Group, the safety organization, released Top10 dangerous bugs which are all from Flash.
MP4, the compression encoding standard used in audio and video information, is formulated by the moving image expert group under International Standardization Organization (ISO) and International Electro-technical Commission (IEC); it is accepted by more browsers, such as Google Chrome, Safari and UC Browser. Therefore, you can convert your FLV to MP4 when it doesn’t work on the browser and other players.
1. Open Renee Video Editor Pro, then click [Video Toolbox].
2. Click [Add Files], and choose the targeted video format.
3. Click the pull-up list in [Output Format].
4. Choose your target video format or related play device. Here we choose MP4.
5. Choose your target output format and output folder; then click [Start] and wait for a minute.
6. Click [Stop] and reset the video format when you want to modify output settings.
7. Open the output file and check it when it is finished.
8. Now, FLV is converted to MP4.
Flash has ever been welcomed but it has some demerits, such high electricity consumption and low safety. Moreover, these demerits are becoming more and more obvious as the portable devices and APPs develops. Therefore, in 2015, Google announced that it stopped self-start of Flash plug-in in Chrome browser to avoid these undesirable results, while users can play FLV on Google Chrome through self-set.
1. Open the latest Google browser; then click the small-lock-like icon at the left side, and choose [Site settings].
2. Find out [Flash], and click [Allow].
Relate Links :
How to Zoom Out Video and Reduce Video File Size?
Amanda J. Brook : If the file size of a video is too large, the transmission speed of the video will be...
How to Download Dailymotion Videos
John Weaver : Dailymotion is a French video-sharing platform and it allows users to upload, share and watch videos. If we...