1. Windows shows “You need to format the disk in drive X before you can use it”
- Reason 1: Users did not eject the SD card correctly when digital devices still saving data to the SD card.
- Reason 2: The storage method (partition format) that the digital devices using is not supported by Windows.
Strong to recover Recover data from the storage devices sustaining many bad sectors;
Supported devices SD card, SDHC, SDXC, USB flash drive, hard disk and computer;
Supported file types Image, video, audio, text, email and so on;
Easy to use Recover data by 3 steps and support to preview scan results;
Multiple scan modes Fast partition/whole partition/whole disk scan.
Easy to use Recover data by 3 steps;
Multiple scan modes Fast partition/whole partition/whole disk scan;
Supported devices SD card/USB/hard disk, etc.Free TrialFree TrialFree Trial 800 people have downloaded!
1. Recover data from SD card. (If you do not want to recover data from the SD card, please skip this sector.)
- Select target disk in Photorec -
-Check scan result in Photorec-
How to recover data from SD card with Renee Undeleter
2.Repair the SD card after recovery
2. Windows does not have any notification after connecting SD card
1. Driver of SD card did not install correctly
2. SD card got physical problem like circuit board gets oxidation or other problem
3. Alcohol cotton ball (Please wait it to be dried before using the device.)
3). SD card falls into water and gets short circuit
3. Whether the USB ports of the PC is disable by USB block software
Relate Links :
Ashley S. Miller : Receive notification like "USB device not recognized", "You need to format the disk before you can use it",...
Ashley S. Miller : New purchased SSD or hard disk is not showing up in computer? Disk suddenly fails to be recognized...