How to Password Protect Folders
Why choose Renee File Protector?
- Works with drives of any format.
- Control access to programs and CD-Rom
- Runs on a wide range of Windows systems.
- Password protect and restrict access to files/folders/disk.
- Hide your personal folders from other users and prying eyes.
- More advanced settings upgrade the safety of the software and your data.
Step 1: Launch Renee File Protector and click “Hard disk” then “Lock File”.
Step 2: Click “Lock Folder” and then select the target folder in the pop up browser.
Step 3: When you want to open the protected folders, you will be required the master password.
Step 1: Right-click the target folder, select “Renee File Protector” in the menu and then click “Encrypt a copy” or “Encrypt to *exe”.
Step 2: Please enter the independent password in the pop-up window. (Please remember the password.)
Step 3: Safe delete the source folder.
After the lock process finished, the source folder will still reserve. So you need to safe delete it with “Shred and delete it” function of Renee File Protector.
Step 4: Enter the independent password.
When you run or extract the password-protected folder, you will be required to enter the password you set when encrypt the folder.