Easy Way to Password Protect Folder in Windows 7
What is Encrypt and How?
Protect the Folder with Windows’ Built-in Secure Function
Professional File Encryption Software – Renee File Protector
- 3 simple steps you can finish the protection.
- Designed for maximum convenience!
- Unlimited number of private storage vaults.
- Incredibly easy-to-use. Even for first-time computer users.
- You can also password protect your programs, DVD-Rom from others access.
- Activity monitor automatically suspends access to open files on timeouts or hibernation.
- Simply drag and drop target into the list and change the data condition whenever you want.
- Master password and individual password are both available when you want to password protect folders or files.
Easy Password Protect Folder in Windows with Renee File Protector
Step 1: Launch Renee File Protector and click “Hard disk” then “Lock File”.
Step 2: Click “Lock Folder” and then select the target folder in the pop up browser.
Step 3: When you want to open the protected folders, you will be required the master password.
Step 1: Right-click the target folder, select “Renee File Protector” in the menu and then click “Encrypt a copy” or “Encrypt to *exe”.
Step 2: Please enter the independent password in the pop-up window. (Please remember the password.)
Step 3: Safe delete the source folder.
After the lock process finished, the source folder will still reserve. So you need to safe delete it with “Shred and delete it” function of Renee File Protector.
Step 4: Enter the independent password.
When you run or extract the password-protected folder, you will be required to enter the password you set when encrypt the folder.