How to Merge MP4 Files in Windows 10
You are here:
- Tips Renee Video Editor Pro
- How to Merge MP4 Files in Windows 10
26 February 2019 Amanda J. Brook Senior Product Manager
Part 1: How to Merge Multiple MP4 Files in Windows 10
MP4 is so popular now and most videos we get are in MP4 format. When we edit MP4 files, we may need to merge MP4 files into one. But how can we make it in Windows 10? 2 methods will be provided below.
Approach 1: Merge MP4 Files with FFmpeg (Make with Command Prompt)
FFmpeg is a freeware. Users need to download it and make all process with command prompt. It can help users to convert, cut and merge videos.
Step 1: Download FFmpeg (Please click to get more about how to download FFmpeg). After download, please decompress the file and save the exe file in proper place.
Step 2: Press Win + R button. Enter “cmd” in the pop up window and press “Enter” to process.
Step 3: Enter the following command in the Command Prompt window “C:\Windows\System32\ffmpeg.exe -i E:2018.mp4 –f mpeg E:2018.mpg”. Pleases convert the target MP4 files into MPEG one by one before merging.
Step 4: Enter the following command after converting all MP4 files into MPEG: “copy /b “e:/2019.mpg”+”e:/2018.mpg” “e:/201819.mpg”. And you will get the merged MP4 file finally.
⑤ Finally, please enter the following command to covnert the merged video into MP4:”C:\Windows\System32\ffmpeg.exe -i E:/201819.mpg -f mp4 E:/201819.mp4″.
If you do not know much about the Command Prompt, it is recommended to try the Approach 2.
Approach 2: Merge MP4 Files with Renee Video Editor Pro
You can merge multiple MP4 files with Renee Video Editor Pro without reducing the video quality. Besides, more functions like add watermark, cut video clips, crop video, remove watermark and add subtitles are available when you edit your video.
Renee Video Editor Pro – Professional Vdieo Edit Software
- Screen Recording – Record screen and webcam in Windows computer.
- Cut Videos – Specify the start and end time in the video to cut a video clip.
- Corp and Rotate Function – Support to crop and rotate the video.
- Effects – Provides filters, zoom in and out and sound effect to users.
- Watermark – Users can add text, image, video watermarks to videos. Also supports to remove watermark from videos.
- Music Function – Add background music to videos. You can create the voice over by yourself or add local music as background music.
- Subtitle Function – Customized your own subtitle.
- Add opening/ending – Edit opening and ending for videos, it can be subtitle, video and photo to bring cool transition effect to your video.
- Video merge – It can combine multiple videos/audios into one file as well as add various kinds of transition effects to the combined video.
- All common type of formats are supported – Supports all common formats of video editing, it allows users to choose the output format based on their needs, if recoding is necessary, it will automatically recode and test.
people has downloaded Renee Video Editor Pro and create videos!
Step 1: Download and install Renee Video Editor Pro.
Step 2: Launch Renee Video Editor and select “Video Toolbox”. Click “Add Files” to add the target MP4 files one by one.
Step 3: Click “Merge all files into one” and then select MP4 in the output format item. Finally, click “Start” to process the combination.
If you want to add transition effects between the merged videos, please follow steps here:
Part 2: How to Add Transition Between Merged Videos?
Step 1: Launch Renee Video Editor and select “Video Toolbox”. Click “Add Files” and add target MP4 files one by one.
Step 2: Click “Merge all files into one” and then select MP4 in the output format item. Then please click the button “No transition” in the MP4 files. Select preferred transition effect and set the duration. Finally, click “OK”.
Step 3: Repeat step 2 if you want to add different transition to every video.
Step 4: If you want to apply same transition to all videos, please check “Apply this setting to all videos”.
If you want to edit the MP4 files, Renee Video Editor Pro can help you as well.
① You can cut video clip with “Cut” function. Please set the start and end time of the clip you want.
② Rotate and Crop function can rotate or crop the video frame.
③ Watermark function can help you add or remove watermark.
④ Effect function provides filters, zoom in and out and audio effect.
⑤ You can also add funny background music to the video with “Music” function.
⑥ Subtitle function can help you add some words or voice over to your video.
⑦ Add opening and ending to video.
Relate Links :
What is 16:9 Screen Resolutions?
Ashley S. Miller : 16:9 is the international standard format of HDTV and it has been adopted by Australia, Japan, Canada and...
John Weaver : We have often heard that “This video has a 4:3 aspect ratio”, “This TV monitor has a 4:3...