Reasons of Hard Disk Change into RAW File System?
Press Win + R button. Enter “diskmgmt.msc” in the pop up window and click “OK”.
Situation 1: Disk is marked with “Not initialized”
For example, if the disk was used in Mac OS, you need to use HFSExplorer to access files in the disk. (Click here for solution.)
Situation 2: Disk is marked with “Not initialized”
Solutions to Fix the Disk Turned to RAW File System
1). Solution to Fix Partition Turned to RAW File System
Step 1: Recover important data from partition which is in RAW format at first.
Preparation: Download and install Renee Undeleter.
1. Launch Renee Undeleter and select “Whole Partition Recovery”.
2. When the software scan, you can preview the files in the scan result.
Step 2: Fix the partition with Chkdsk
1. Press Win + S button and type “cmd” in the pop-up window. Right click “Command Prompt” and select “Run as administrator”.
2. Then please type “chkdsk X:/F”. Please modify the X to the drive letter of the target partition. And /F means fix the partition. The partition will work normally once the Chkdsk finishes.
3. If Chkdsk notifies you that there are too many error information in partition and can not repair it, you need to format the partition.
Solution to fix Disk Turn to RAW File System
Step 1: Recover important data from disk which is in RAW format at first.
Because this scan mode will scan whole disk with a great deal of arithmetic. So the scan and recovery will take a long time.
Step 2: Initialize, repartition, and format the disk
1. Go to “Disk Management”. Right click the disk which is shown in RAW format and choose “Initialize”.
2. Follow the guidance and click “OK”. After process finish, disk will be in “Online” status.
3. Right click the unallocated disk and select “New Simple Volume” in the menu.
4. Follow the guidance and click “Next” and “OK”. Finally, new partition will be created successfully.
Relate Links :
Jennifer Thatcher : Bad sector will occur after using the hard disk for a long time. Here we will go through...
Ashley S. Miller : It is common that we may find that the connected USB flash drive not showing up, recognized or...