What is Renee Becca and What can It do?
How to Clone Entire HDD to SSD
- Select the right SSD from factor and interface which fits for your computer, especially for laptop.
- Make a full backup for both HDD and SSD.
- Move large files and folders that you do not use frequently to external memory device.
- Download and install Renee Becca.
Step 1: Launch Renee Becca. Select “Clone Function” and then please click “Disk Clone”.
Step 2: Select the target SSD and you can have a check of the size of partitions in SSD. After assure, just click “Clone”.
Memory of the target disk need to be equal or larger than the space which has been used in source. (Larger will be better, because each disk has some space which is hidden).
Here, we can refer to the following example:
Size of used space in total: 60 GB
We can get information of each partitions’ used space from the following chart.
Free space in total: 60 GB
Conditions of 3 partitions after cloned:
*After allocating enough used space of each partition, the rest 60 GB will be divided in to 3 parts equally and add to each partition separately.
Step 3: Boot the computer with the new disk after clone.
① Take off the original disk, connect the new one and boot from the new disk directly.
② Change the boot order in BIOS and boot from new disk. (Do not know how to make it? Click here for more. )
* Please make sure the computer can boot from the new disk normally before formatting the original disk.