For local account and administrator, the best and easiest way is to reset Windows 10 password with the pre-created password reset disk. But what if you did not have the password reset disk? Do not worry! Now you can create the password reset disk even you are locked out of your computer without any possible password!
Method 1: Reset Windows 10 Password with Renee Passnow
About Renee Passnow
- Only 4 simple steps which takes 5 minutes only! Do not require related knowledge or possible password combinations.
- Reset/remove the login password back to blank directly. Preserve all data inside!
- For local account and administrator, Renee Passsnow will remove the password directly.
- For Microsoft account, Renee Passnow will turn the Microsoft account into local one and preserve all the data inside the account.
Compatible with: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP.
How to Reset Windows 10 Password without Reset Disk
Preparation – Create New Windows 10 Password Reset Disk with Renee Passnow
- Renee Passnow (Download now!)
- Windows PC which can login and work normally (The Windows version of the computer you are using to create the Windows password reset USB does not matter.)
- USB stick (Please backup data inside beforehand. All data will be erased when creating the reset disk) or CD/DVD(Need 200MB at least)
New Password Reset Disk create process: (No need to provide any possible password)
1. Choose creation method: USB or CD/DVD
2. Connect the USB/CD/DVD to your computer and then please click “Create USB” or “Create CD” to process the creation directly.
Whole password reset disk process with Renee Passnow does not need to provide any password or account information.
Step 1: Boot the target PC from the created password reset USB/CD/DVD.
(Can not find your brand? Please refer to your PC manual to find out the method.)
If the bootable drive is not the first in boot order, your PC will start “normally” (i.e. boot from your hard drive) and will not check other drive.
Step 2: Select “PassNow!” function after booting from the bootable media you created.
Step 3: Select target Windows 10 system in the list.
Step 4: Choose the target account then click “Clear Password” to reset its login password.
How Renee Password Work on Resetting the Password
SAM, shorts of Security Accounts Manager, is a database file which saves user password in Windows system. It can be used to authenticate local and remote users. This file can be found in windows/system32/config in system disk. However, it is not allowed to change the information inside by computer users who do not have related professional knowledge. Once it has been replaced or modified without professional knowledge, your computer could be corrupted.
Possible Reasons lead to Password Incorrect
And after setting, we will login Windows 10 with PIN code instead of the password of our account. But this PIN code will be failed to work once you update your Windows, which is similar to many smart phones, finger print login need to be re-actived once you restart the mobile. Then you are required to enter the password. Some users may found they forgot the password they set! How to solve the forgotten password?
At this moment, you need to go to Microsoft to reset the forgotten login password of your Microsoft Account. If it does not work, you can also create a new administrator account or reset the forgotten Windows 10 password with Renee Passnow to access data associated with your Microsoft account
Please note that settings and some online data in the original Microsoft account will not be applied in the new administrator account.
And resetting password for Microsoft account with Renee Passnow will not change the password for the email. It is making the online account to be a local one which preserves all the data in the online account.
Please pay attention to the Caps Lock when you entering the password. Usually, the notification of “Caps Locks is on” will be shown once you activate the Caps Lock when entering password.
Activate the “Num Lock” manually and re-enter the password.
You can reset the password with Renee Passnow in 4 simple steps (Please refer to Method 3). Of course, it is much economical when comparing with system reinstall and send the computer to professional.