How to Turn Off Windows 10 Password and Skip Login Screen?
Step 1: Select “Run” in “Start” menu or press Win + R.
Step 2: Enter “netplwiz” in the pop up window and click “OK”.
Step 3: Select target account in “User Account” and then please uncheck the item “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.”. Finally click “OK”.
Step 4: Please enter the login password in the pop-up “Automatically sign in” window to verify.
Step 5: The next time you login Windows 10, you will skip the login screen and do not need to enter the user name and password.
- If you receive the notification “User name or password is not correct. Try again”, it means that the user name and password you entered in step 5 is not correct. Please enter the correct user name and password in step 5.
- If you want to turn on the password login in Windows 10, please check the item “User must enter a user name and password to use this computer” in “User Accounts”.
How to Remove Forgotten Windows 10 Login Password
About Renee Passnow
- Whole password reset process takes only 4 simple steps! Do not require related knowledge or possible password combinations.
- Reset/remove the login password back to blank directly. Preserve all data inside!
- For local account and administrator, Renee Passsnow will remove the password directly.
- For Microsoft account, Renee Passnow will turn the Microsoft account into local one and reserve all data inside the account.
Compatible with: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP.
Step 1: Download and install Renee Passnow in any Windows computer which can login and work normally.
Step 2: Insert CD/DVD or connect USB disk to computer. Launch Renee Passow to create the rescue media.
Note: Select one option from [Crate a Live USB] and [Create a Live CD]. Then, select [x64] or [x86] according to your computer. Next, click on [Download Now] to download the licensed ISO. Remember to activate the software beforehand. After that, click on [Create USB] to create the boot media.
Step 3: Select related creation method and confirm the rescue media creation.
Step 4: Connect the created rescue media to target computer which you want to remove login password for.
Step 5: Enter BIOS to set the computer to boot from the rescue CD/DVD/USB disk.
Change the boot order of the target PC in BIOS. If the password reset disk is not the first in the boot order, your PC will start “normally” (i.e. boot from your hard drive) and will not check other drive.
Step 6: Please select “PassNow!” function after booting from the rescue disk.
Step 7: Select target Windows system then choose the target account and click “Clear Password” to reset Windows 10 login password.
Relate Links :
Jennifer Thatcher : Lost Windows password and lock yourself out? No password reset disk? Now you can create one with Renee...
Amanda J. Brook : Detailed information about advantages and disadvantages of Windows 10 to help you make decision on upgrading to Windows...