Method 3: Ophcrack
Efficiency:★☆☆☆☆Sometime this method will work. But the reset process will be a little complicated. If the password is complicated, it will fail to work. Also, this software is guessing the password, which may take hours even days to do so. Besides, it does not support Windows 10 at present.
Method 1:Reset with Windows Password Reset USB Created with Renee Passnow
Please make the 3 tasks below to create the password reset USB:
* Renee Passnow is compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista
- Renee Passnow
- A workable computer which can login normally (The Windows version of the computer you are using to create the Windows password reset USB does not matter.)
- USB stick (Please backup data inside the USB disk in advanced. All data will be erased when creating the bootable media) or CD/DVD(Need 200MB at least)
1. Choose creation method: USB or CD/DVD
2. Connect the USB/CD/DVD to your computer and then please click “Create USB” or “Create CD” to process the creation.
The bootable media you created in Step 2.
Step 1: Boot the target PC from the bootable USB/CD/DVD.
Step 2: Select “PassNow!” function after booting from the bootable media you created.
Step 3: Select target Windows 10 system in the list.
Step 4: Choose the target account then click “Clear Password” to reset its login password.
Method 2: Reset Password with Other Administrator Account
2. Select “User Accounts ” (It is also called “User Accounts and Family Safety”) .
3. Click on “Manage another account” and select the account you want to reset password for.
4. Click the “Change Password” button and type the new password.
5. Click on the “Change password” button to save the changes.