How to Install SSD Correctly
SATA3 here means SSD with SATA 3.0 interface. Data transfer speed of such kind of SSD can reach 600MB/second, which is 2 times of SATA 2.0 (300MB/second). Here, we will go through about how to install SSD with SATA 3.0 correctly.
Preparation before Installing SSD
Phillips screwdriver, SATA cable, anti-static gloves, 2.5″ to 3.5″ SSD Hard Drive Converter (Optional).
It is recommended to use Phillips screwdriver with magnetic tip cross head.
Static can be generated by human body in winter. If we go through the SSD installation process with static, we may harm the hardware in PC. So wearing this gloves before making the operation is essential.
Some computer may not have space for 2.5″ hard drive. And2.5″ to 3.5″ SSD hard drive converter could help to solve this problem. Disk converters we could find in the market are compatible with SATA and IDE interface. Also, they are suitable for all kinds of PC.
How to Install SSD in Desktop
Tutorial about How to Install SSD in Desktop >>>
How to Install System in New SSD
- Renee Becca can help you make the system migration with 3 simple steps. No need of any professional knowledge.
- No need to make image. Transfer system directly.
- Automatically 4K alignment.
- Support clone disk with large capacity to another with smaller capacity.
- Support both GPT and MBR disk.
- Boot computer with new SSD is available after system migration.
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP/Vista/2K
How to Optimize the SSD
Preparation: Check the connection between SSD and SATA 3.0 connector
First we need to test it with AS SSD Benchmark. If the test shows that the Seq result has reached 300MB/s, your SSD have been connected to SATA 3.0 connector correctly.
1. Check the AHCI Compatibility in Windows and BIOS
After finishing all the steps above, please launch AS SSD Benchmark. And if storahci or iaStorA could be found in the test result, your computer system is fully support AHCI.
2. 4K Alignment
1. XXXXX K – OK in the test result means the SSD is 4K aligned.
2. XXXXX K – Failed in the test result means the SSD is not 4K aligned.
2. Decompress the software. Find and double click PastAssist.exe
3. Find your target disk after launching the software
3. Never make the SSD Full
4. (Optional) Improve HDD Performance with RST Driver from Intel
Intel RST, stands for Intel Rapid Storage Technology, also called to be Matrix Raid before, is a Windows-based software. This software offers better performance and stability for desktop, laptop and server which equips with SATA disk(s). Users can benefit from using one or more SATA disk like less power consumption, performance improvement and data protection.
Reasons for installing Intel RST?
2. Inter Core Processor like Intel Core i3, i5, i7
3. A traditional HDD and a SSD with a capacity between 18.6GB and 64GB
4. Users must make one or more HDD to be the system disk
5. Set the hard disk mode to be RAID in BIOS
6. Capacity of all disk under RST management can not exceed 2.2TB (All SSD and HDD)