How to Convert iPhone Video to MP4
You are here:
- Tips Renee Video Editor Pro
- How to Convert iPhone Video to MP4
29 April 2019 Jennifer Thatcher Technology Manager of Test Dept.
Part 1: About iPhone Video File
In 2007, when people felt amazing about the N95 from Nokia, Apple released the first iPhone which completely change the smart phone market. Also, iPhone has become the leading smart phone device in the world. For iPhone video format, the default video format is mov which could be played in iOS and Mac OS with default player. Besides, if you download videos from Apps Store or other ways, the video format could be M4V or MP4. But which video formats does iPhone support? The supported video formats of iPhone includes MP4, MOV, M4V, MP3 and AAC and all videos need to codec with H.264 / AVC or HEVC / H.265.
Differences among the most common video formats that iPhone supports:
|Introduction||File format that QuickTime Player supports||Video container format developed by Apple||Also called MEPG-4 Part 14, it can be used to store digital video, audio, image and other data.|
|Characteristics||Mov, original video container of Apple, save the video in a lossy way but with a higher quality.||Specially designed for Apple devices like iPhone. This format is used to store audio, video and subtitle files and protected by FairPaiy DRM.||Take the advantages of quick loading, high quality and compatibility.|
|Supported devices||iTunes, Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, etc||iTunes, Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod, Apple TV, etc||Almost all media players and devices|
If iPhone videos you want to transfer to PC or other devices is saved in MOV or M4V, you may fail to play them. The best solution for this situation is to convert these videos to MP4 format which is with the best compatibility.
Part 2: How to Convert iPhone Video to MP4
In order to make the videos which are taken by iPhone could be played in more devices, we will going to convert them to MP4 and related methods will be introduced here. There are 2 main approaches, one is FFmpeg and the other is Renee Video Editor Pro.
Approach 1: Use FFmpeg
Here, we take mov video as an example:
① Please download and install FFmpeg to computer with detailed steps in “How to download and install FFmpeg”.
② Press “Win” + “R” button to launch Run and then enter “cmd” in the pop up window. Click “OK”.
③ Enter the following command in the Command Prompt Window: C:\Windows\System32\ffmpeg.exe –i D:2019.MOV D:2019.MP4. Then please press “Enter” and convert it to MP4 video.
Approach 2: Use Renee Video Editor Pro
Besides using FFmpeg, converting video format with Renee Video Editor Pro is also very convenience and do not need to go through the CMD.
① Download and install Renee Video Editor Pro on your computer. Then open it and select “Video Toolbox”.
② Click “Add Files” and select target video in the pop up window.
③ Select “MP4” in the output format column as well as the saving place of the video. Click “Start” to save the converted video.
If you are hesitate about choosing which approach, the following comparison may help you make the decision.
Renee Video Editor Pro
|Compatible system||Windows, Mac||Windows|
|Operations||Need to know the command prompt.||Easy to go with.|
|Imported formats||All popular video and audio formats||All popular video and audio formats|
|Exported audio formats||All popular audio formats||All popular audio formats|
|Advantages||1. Compatible with all operating system.|
2. Supports most popular video and audio formats
| 1. Cut audio files with simple steps.|
2. Supports most popular video and audio formats.
3. Users can choose the quality of the output files.
4. Supports most popular video and audio formats.
|Disadvantages||1. If you are not familiar with the Command Prompt, the working efficiency will be low.|
2. Does not support batch conversion.
Renee Video Editor Pro – Multi-function Video Editing Software
- Screen Recording – Record screen and webcam in Windows computer.
- Cut Videos & Audios – Users can record screen at will. User can customize the recording time, the size of the window, the resolution and the frame rate. While recording, users can adjust the speed, add customized watermark and set special effects for mouse.
- Video editing – Merge, crop, rotate, cut and transform video easily. It can change and add background music, add subtitles, make the beginning and end of the film. It also can add and remove watermarks, add a variety of filter effects and so on.
- Format conversion – Support to convert videos and audios into different formats.
- Customize the compression mode – encoding and preservation of video and audio.
- Music Function – Add background music to videos. You can create the voice over by yourself or add local music as background music.
Relate Links :
What is the Download / Upload Video Format of YouTube?
Jennifer Thatcher : YouTube, the American video website used by 1 billion users, support FLV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MKV, MPEG, 3GP,...
How to Combine MP4 Files Losslessly?
Ashley S. Miller : MP4, a standard digital multimedia format container, is supported by many devices. How to combine the MP4 files...